Claudia Doppioslash is a Functional Programmer and a gamedev. After having learned many languages, she ended up thinking that we've barely scratched the surface of the programming language design space. These days she's exploring what FP can do for industrial control systems frontends, using Erlang, and Purescript.
Our PLC programming language implementation gets compiled to BEAM files and runs in the Erlang VM. That allows us to take advantage of Erlang's distributed model, and through our custom websocket library the IDE can talk directly with a Cowboy handler running on the device, to get debugging information in realtime.
We'll also cover our choice of framework when porting the IDE to Purescript, good and less good parts of the two languages, and how they relate to Haskell.
• Get an overview of Elm and Purescript
• Experience report after using Elm for a real life complex project with deadlines.
• Experience report of porting an Elm program to Purescript
• Developers interested in typed Functional languages for the frontend
• Developers interested in Elm or Purescript